IS YOUR COMPANY THINKING OF MOVING OVERSEAS? ALREADY THERE? THE ROGERS LAW GROUP IS YOUR INTERNATIONAL LEGAL PARTNER IN GLOBAL COMMERCE AND IMMIGRATION
International Trade- international trade involves numerous complex laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The Rogers Law Group has experience in the legal issues governing customs law, international trade law, product licensing and related intellectual property issues. Our firm understands the intricate governmental processes and help our clients avoid any unnecessary difficulties or delays. If some violation may have occurred, we work closely with our clients and the governmental agency in question to obtain a favorable resolution as promptly as possible. Our goal is to help our clients be as competitive as possible in the marketplace.
In addition to the business law elements of international trade law, such as contract formation, vendor and licensing agreements and so on, international trade often involves working with one or more Federal or State agency at home and the equivalent abroad in the country in which you are seeking to do business. Federal agencies that can be involved in your business overseas include the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), the U.S. State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the U.S. Foreign Trade Zones Board (FTZB), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF), the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
The Rogers Law Group stands ready to help guide you through the complex, challenging but also rewarding world of international trade. We assist various industries as well as country and region-specific assistance. Our lead attorney, Jon Rogers has worked and studies overseas and is conversant in a number of foreign languages such as Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Spanish. In addition, his extensive background in the economics of international trade makes him a valuable consultant for non-legal matters relating to your international business efforts. The primary regions we focus on for our clients are as follows:
- Europe and the Eurozone- With the establishment of a common currency in 1999, the member nations of the European Union have standardized trade and import/export regulations for foreign business seeking opportunities inside Europe. And opportunities there are, with about thirty five percent of international trade exports of the US going to Europe and vice versa, and with more and more Eastern European countries like Poland, Romania, Lithuania and others new or potential members, the EU is a great destination or source of income for your business. The Rogers Law Group can help you navigate the multi-tiered regulatory environment and develop and strategy that will bring more income flowing into your company's coffers.
- East Asia- Most attention with regard to US foreign trade seems to focus on either US trade with petroleum-exporting countries or East Asia. To be sure, East Asian countries such as Japan, South Korea and China account for the largest amount of the US trade deficit. However it is the very reason for these deficits that make East Asia such a wonderful opportunity for US companies. With demand for goods and services in many Asian countries, especially China, with over 1.5 billion people currently or soon to be outpacing domestic supply, as well as the rapid advancement of their own high-technology industries, many Asian countries, from Thailand to Japan will need more and more goods and services from foreign markets and companies; companies like yours. The Rogers Law Group has experience in Asia, it has a detailed understanding of the various regulatory and cultural norms that govern doing business there, information we use to help you.
- Latin America- With rapidly advancing economies in countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico as well as massive amounts of untapped natural resources and a low-cost labor force, Latin America today is enjoying a renaissance of economic vitality and growth. Every country is different, presenting new challenges and opportunities for your business. The Rogers Law Group stands ready to aid you in navigating your way through the various means by which your company can take advantage of this dynamic environment.
- India- Given the popular press attention, it would seem as though the only part of India worth any attention for the American businessman is Mumbai (formerly Bombay). And while the Western Coast of India still maintains a variety of opportunities for you so does the rest of this enormous sub-continent with over a billion people. India, much like China, is on the fast-track to explosive economic growth in virtually every sector and region. The Rogers Law Group will help you move in and establish yourself at the legal and regulatory level.
The Rogers Law Group aids individuals and business with the following types of immigration law services:
- US Citizenship and Naturalization
- Green Cars
- O1 Visas (Aliens of Extraordinary Ability)
- Work Visas- H1B, H2B, H3, O2, R1 and TN Visas
- Family-Based Visas- F2, H4, K2, L2 and O3
- K1 Finance Visas
- K3 Marriage Visas
- E2 Investors Visas and E1 Trader's Visas
- Student Visas